This product is available in our webstore – Shop Now
FAA: L-806 AC 150/5345-27 (Current Edition)
FAA Engineering Brief 67
Provides visual indication of wind direction and velocity at a location on an airfield. L-806 wind cones are used on smaller airfields, heliports and as supplemental wind indicators near runway touchdown areas on large airfields.
• Available externally lighted, internally lighted, or unlighted.
• LED or halogen lamps.
• The LED models feature:
– 50,000 to 100,000 hour lamp life, virtually maintenance free. 4 year warranty on lamps.
– Multiple lamp circuits, for improved reliability.
– 80-90% less power consumption than halogen lamps.
– A long-life LED obstruction light.
– Integral power adapter on series-circuit models.
• Incandescent L-810 obstruction light included on halogen-lighted models.
• Size 1 (18″ diameter x 8′ long) wind sock.
• 1.9 inch diameter steel pole, with frangible coupling at base.
• One piece welded aluminum basket with pre-installed bearings.
• Raincaps protect the bearings from weather.
• May be mounted directly to an L-867 light base, 2 inch NPT baseplate (sold separately).
• The nylon sock is treated for rot, mildew, and water repellency.
• Powder coat painted international orange.
• Marine Treated Option available for increased useful life in corrosive environments.
Recommended for high salt and other corrosive environments. Includes: marine treated powder coat, stainless steel hardware throughout.
|Catalog Number||See Notes||FAA Size||FAA Style||Power||Lamp Type||Total VA||Total Watts||Weight (lb.)||Lamp|
|WCH-806-1-EX-120-5||1||I-A External||108-132 VAC||LED||15||14||58||9200-0032|
|WCH-806-1-EX-230-5||2||1||I-A External||207-253 VAC||LED||15||14||58||9200-0044|
|WCH-806-1-EX-66-5||3||1||I-A External||2.8-6.6 AMP||LED||58||52||57||9200-0034|
|WCH-806-1-EX-12-5||1||I-A External||11.5-13 VDC||LED||6||6||57||9200-0033|
|WCH-806-1-IN-120-5||1||I-B Internal||108-132 VAC||LED||32||19||59||9200-0038|
|WCH-806-1-IN-230-5||2||1||I-B Internal||198-265 VAC||LED||40||21||59||9200-0045|
|WCH-806-1-IN-66-5||3||1||I-B Internal||2.8-6.6 AMP||LED||72||65||57||9200-0039|
|WCH-806-1-IN-12-5||1||I-B Internal||11.5-13 VDC||LED||6||6||57||9200-0041|
|WCH-806-1-IN-120-N||2||1||I-B Internal||108-132 VAC||Halogen||316||316||57||3400-0100|
1. Power consumption specifications include the L-810 obstruction light.
2. This FAA Style is not ETL certified.
3. Requires 100 watt L-830 transformer, sold separately.
4. Standard sock color is Orange. Add “-RW” for Red/White sock.
5. Floor flange not included (WCH-1067-0002).
6. Ships approximately 3 weeks after receipt of order.
|L806 Marine Treated||“Marine Treated” (recommended for corrosive environments, typically within 100 miles of saltwater). Includes: marine treated powder coat, stainless steel hardware throughout.|
|LA-22483-2||Lamp, 120V Incandescent Obstruction Light|
|WS-AS1896||Spare Wind Sock (18″ dia. x 8 ft)|
The Solar Power Supply (SPS) is a self-contained photovoltaic power source for the WCH Series L-806 and L-807 wind cones.
• Eliminates expensive underground trenching and wire installations for wind cones
• Easy installation: pre-set solar angle, pre-assembled anchor for easy mounting
• Fully sunlight powered, zero energy cost operation
• 10 day nominal battery autonomy
• Long life premium AGM solar batteries (5-10 years expectancy)
• 100 to 300 A-H AGM battery, designed for 4000 charge/discharge cycles
• 100 or 200 watt solar panel, with 12-year/90% and 25-year/80% power warranty
• Custom designed for the installation site, using 30-year worst case insolation and temperature extremes
• Insulated battery compartment to preserve battery life
• MPPT charge controller, with custom-programmed temperature compensation
• On-board indicators for battery, charging and system status
• Dual-post mount, with frangible couplings, designed to withstand ASCE Exposure C wind loads
• Temperature range: -49 to +131 °F (-45 to +55 °C)
• Marine treated option available for corrosive environments (upgrades enclosure to aluminum, stainless hardware throughout, marine treated powder coat)
• Manufactured in the USA
The SPS is attached to a 4-bolt anchor assembly (included), mounted in a concrete slab. Power is supplied to the wind cone by a cable in liquid-tight conduit through one of the SPS mounting legs.
|WCH-SPS-100-2-12||100 Watt Panel, 2 Batteries, 12″ Legs|
|WCH-SPS-100-2-30||100 Watt Panel, 2 Batteries, 30″ Legs|
|WCH-SPS-200-2-12||200 Watt Panel, 2 Batteries, 12″ Legs|
|WCH-SPS-200-2-30||200 Watt Panel, 2 Batteries, 30″ Legs|
|WCH-SPS MARINE||Marine treated option for installations within 100 miles of the sea. Aluminum enclosure, marine treated powder coat, stainless steel hardware throughout.|
|NOTE: Each SPS is custom configured for the proper solar panel, battery, temperature compensation and height for the installation location. Please contact Flight Light to configure the correct model for your location.|
|WCH-7800-0004||Solar Panel, 100 Watt|
|WCH-7800-0005||Solar Panel, 200 Watt|
|WCH-2300-0024||Fuse, 10A 32V|
• Unpackaged Weight: 186-268 lb.
• Shipping Weight: 266-388 lb.
• International Shipping Weight: 466-588 lb.
• Shipping Volume: 60″L x 40″W x 44″H
Can be shipped with wind cone in same crate.
Have a product question? Need a quote? Please fill out our online quote request form.Get a Quote