FAA type: L-854 Radio Receiver/Decoder, Air-to-ground, Type 1, Style A
ETL Certified to: FAA AC 150/5345-49C
Our L-854 FM radio receiver/decoder is designed to provide pilots direct, unassisted air-to-ground control of airfield lighting systems. This field tunable radio allows pilots to activate airfield lighting with a series of 3, 5, or 7 microphone clicks in a 5 second period. An integrated selectable timer shuts airfield lights off after 1, 15, 30, or 60 minutes of illumination.
Our L-854 receiver is particularly useful for small to mid-sized airfields where continuous nighttime illumination is unnecessary and expensive. The unit is a virtual necessity for remote sites where the volume of air traffic or the availability of qualified on-site control personnel may be limited. Our rugged, solid state design will provide years of service and is the perfect replacement for aging "crystal" based units.
• 100% field tunable within the 118-136MHz airband. Chart of Valid FAA Frequencies.
• Relay bank operation is easily selectable from front panel.
• Operate indoors or outdoors, temperature range -55°C to +55°C.
• Standard long life mechanical relays ensure compatibility with your equipment.
• Our solid state receiver design makes for extremely low power consumption.
• Standard construction features a rugged NEMA 4/12 enclosure. Custom cabinets are available.
• Custom designs are available for OEM integration, solar deployment, mobile operation and heliport control. Ask our engineers to build your exact model needs.
• Capable of a wide range of operating voltages from 100-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz.
• Sold as a complete package, installation ready with a heavy-duty dipole antenna, lightning arrestor, and 20' of coaxial antenna line.
• Front panel cage clamp terminals are contractor friendly and make installations a breeze.
• Deployment is as easy as hanging the unit, providing a radio power source, wiring control power inputs and outputs and mounting the antenna.
• No mast or other mounting hardware is provided.