• FAA AC150/5345-49C for L-854 Radio Control Equipment (see specification table)
• Complies with FCC Part 15
• 3 step intensity lighting activation via a series of 3, 5 or 7 microphone clicks.
• Time Out adjustable from 1, 15, 30 or 60 minutes.
• 100% field tunable.
• Adjustable squelch control eliminates unwanted interference.
• Avlite’s 2.4 GHz RF integration allows control of Avlite’s solar airfield lighting without the need for hard wiring.
• Available in 12VDC or universal mains.
• Low standby currents – ideal for solar applications.
• Easy to install.
• Optional solar power supply.
The Avlite Pilot Activated Lighting Control (PALC) has been integrated with the Avlite 2.4 GHz RF wireless network to allow approaching aircraft to activate Avlite’s solar lighting on airfields and helipads. The Avlite PALC is ideal for solar lighting applications. The energy stored in the light is used only as needed, increasing the overall autonomy of each light.
This lighting control system is specifically designed for use at airfields and helipads where Avlite’s solar lighting is installed and on demand lighting is desired. The PALC allows the solar lighting to be off and commanded on only when needed by approaching aircraft. The system is set to a user specified field adjustable time-out period in order to extinguish the lights automatically after landing.
The AV-PALC-01 complies with FAA L-854 for radio control equipment and is 100% field tunable. It has 3 step intensity lighting activation via a series of 3, 5 or 7 clicks. Adjustable squelch control eliminates unwanted interference.
Low standby currents make the AV-PALC ideal for solar applications, enabling the system to be used at airfields and helipads which do not have access to the electricity grid. RF integration also allows control of airfield and/or helipad solar lighting from the controller front panel.
Avlite Systems’ PALC allows the pilot to control the Avlite lighting system via VHF Radio Air Band. The pilot sets the frequency of the radio to that used by the airfield and operates the system by clicking the Microphone Press To Talk (PTT) button. The Avlite 2.4GHz RF radio controller module will relay the control message from the L-854 radio receiver across the RF mesh network to the solar lighting located on the airfield or helipad.
The L-854 radio receiver comes complete with dipole antenna, lightning arrestor and 6 meters (20 feet) of coaxial antenna cable.
Once the system is activated, a 30 minute countdown begins after which the lights will automatically turn off; the length of the countdown can also be altered by the user from 1, 15, 30 or 60 minutes.