FAA: AC 150/5345-42H: L-867 Non-Load Bearing
Our FAA approved, non-load bearing light bases are designed for locations which experience occasional light vehicular loading, but no aircraft or other heavy vehicular load. The base typically supports an elevated taxiway light fixture and houses a powering isolation transformer. It can also be used solely as a junction box or transformer housing.
Non-Load Bearing Standard FAA L-867 Sizes:
B=12" diameter (10-1/4" bolt circle)
D=16" diameter (14-1/4" bolt circle)
E=24" diameter (14-1/4" bolt circle)
Standard Height: 24"
Material: Hot dipped galvanized steel standard. Also available in PVC, adjustable PVC and adjustable steel.
Conduit Openings: Grommets to accommodate 2" PVC standard. Hubs available. Other opening sizes are available.
Conduit Locations: Locations are designated based on a 360 degree circle as follows: 0° and 180° are standard. All conduit locations must be specified at time of order. Center of standard opening is 2-1/2" above the bottom of the light base.
Shipping Info: Shipped with 6 stainless steel bolts and a protective 1/2" thick plywood cover.
Options: Must be specified.
• Grounding: Grounding straps must be specified at time of order. Internal, external or both are available.
• Drain holes: 3/4" drain hole standard. Other sizes available. Please specify.
• Other options: Please specify as needed.
• Mounts on a light base to allow the installation of an elevated light.
• 8.5" (7.25" B.C.) diameter base plate with 1.5" NF tap.
• 12" (10.25" B.C.) and 16" (14.25" B.C.) diameter base plates with 1.5" NF or 2" NPS tap.
• Corten aluminum or steel construction with aviation yellow enamel finish.
• Included: Neoprene gasket (P/N 30-2052), steel L-830 secondary cable clamp and connector screws.
• Mounting stake is driven into the ground to provide a stable base for elevated lights.
• 3.5" diameter hub with 1.5"NF or 2" NPS tap and 30" long 3/16" steel angle.
• Cable clamp and (3) 10-24 stainless steel screws included.